Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 20-30 min
Waiting time: –
Portion: 250-300 gr
-Fresh strawberry: 500 gr
-Sugar: 250 gr
-Lime/ Lemon juice: 1 tsp (~5 ml)
-Glass jars with lids
- Wash and soak strawberries in fresh water, then dry and remove stalks.
- Cut a half, then cut into three and repeat with others
- Add cut strawberries, 250 gr sugar and ½ tsp lime juice in a saucepan, use a wooden spoon to stir in 5-10 minutes until the sugar nearly dissolves
- Turn on the stove and cook at medium heat in 10-15 minutes, stir the strawberries oftenly.
- When strawberries are dehydrated and start to be condensed, turn the stove at low heat.
If you want to make strawberry syrup, you can stop at this step. Turn off the heat and sieve the strawberries to have the syrup. One stone two bird, right? 😛
- After 5-10 minutes, when the strawberries are more condensed, test its quality by dripping a drop on plate. If strawberry drop remain its shape, then it’s time to turn off the heat. If not, continue to boil in 5-10 minutes and do the test again.
- Turn off the heat when the jam is ready. Pour strawberry jam into cleaned glass jar and let it cool completely. Reserve in fridge and best used in 2-3 months.