Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Waiting time: 20-30 min
Portion: 15-20 cookies
-Salted egg yolk: 3
-All purpose flour: 125 gr
-Corn starch: 10 gr
-Unsalted butter: 85 gr – soften at room temperature
-Granulated sugar: 40 gr
-Baking powder: 2 gr
-Beaten egg yolk
-Salted egg yolk crumb
-White/ black sesame: 2-3 gr
-Round cutter 3-5 cm
- Bring salted egg yolk to cook with a steamer or oven, then mash them to paste in a clean bowl.
- Add soften butter into salted egg yolk bowl and whisk them together to creamy
- Add 40 gr sugar in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix all purpose flour, cornstarch and baking powder together.
- Add gradually flour mixture into mixing bowl and mix all ingredient together to cookie dough.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of flour on surface, then flatten the dough (thickness around 0.5-0.8 cm)
In case if the dough is too sticky, you can wrap it up and refrigerate in 10-15 minutes to firm the dough before flattening
- Use a round cutter to cut the dough into smaller cookie dough and arrange on baking tray
- Egg wash the cookies and sprinkle sesame seed with some salted egg yolk crumb on top.
- Bring cookies to bake at 170 Celsius degree in 15 minutes
- Remove baked cookies from oven and let it stand at least 5 minutes before transferring to rack
Please note that the cookies will break easily when it’s still hot so try not to touch or move them in first 5 minutes after baking
- Let the cookies cool completely on rack and store in closed jar. Best serve within 3-5 days