Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Waiting time: 30 min
Portion: 300 gr nectarine jam
-Fresh nectarines: 500 gr
-Sugar: 100 gr – can be replaced with brown sugar
-Lime/ lemon juice: 2/3 tsp or using kumquat juice will give a special fragrance for nectarine jam
-Glass jar with lids: 1 or other kind of container
- Mix 5 gr salt with 1 liter water, leave aside
- Peel the nectarines and remove seeds.
- Soak the peeled nectarines in salt water to prevent them from browning
- Cut nectarines into cubes and transfer to saucepan. Add 100 gr sugar with ⅔ tsp lime/ kumquat juice into the saucepan.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the ingredient and let it sit in 10 minutes.
- Turn on the stove at medium heat and stir quickly to melt sugar.
- Cook at medium heat in 5-10 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes.
- After 5-8 minutes, sugar absorbs into nectarine cubes and make them clearer. Then turn the stove at low heat and stir oftenly.
- When the syrup dehydrated and make the nectarine completely clear and sticky, then turn off the heat and stir quickly in 2-3 minutes to cool the jam.
- Transfer the jam to cleaned glass jar. It will be more sticky when the jam cool completely.
- Stored in closed jar in fridge, best used within 3-6 months.