Preparation: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Waiting time: –
Portion: 8 medium size cupcakes
-All purpose flour: 115 gr
-Matcha powder: 5 gr
-Baking powder: 1 tsp (~5 gr)
-Salt: a small pinch
-Unsalted butter: 60 gr
-Granulated sugar: 80 gr
-Milk: 90 ml
-Egg: 1 (63-65 gr/ each shell included)
-Vanilla extract: ⅓ tsp – optional
-Swiss buttercream: 100-150 gr
-Matcha powder: 2-3 gr
-Electric egg beater or hand whisk
1. Matcha cake batter
- Preheat oven at 170 Celsius degree
- Mix flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt. Put aside
- In another bowl, whisk soften butter with 80 gr granulated sugar until creamy
- Add egg into butter bowl, mix well
- Divide flour mixture into 3 parts, sieve each part into mixing bowl and mix with ⅓ amount of milk after each times
Please note that you only need to mix the ingredients until they’re all combined, don’t overmix the batter because the cake will be condensed and chewy inside
- Add and mix ½ tsp vanilla extract into cake batter
- Pour the batter into paper cup (only need to pour ¾ of paper cup height because the cake will rise higher when baking)
- Place the baking tray in oven and bake at 170 Celsius degree in 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the tray in oven for 5 minutes after the light turn off, then remove it from oven.
- Take the cupcakes out of baking tray by using a folk, then let them cool on rack
- Transfer buttercream in piping bag and you can use any kind of piping tip as your favorite (I used 1M tip as video)
You can find recipe of Homemade Swiss Buttercream as below:
- Pipe the buttercream clockwise outward from the center to create buttercream rose.
- Sieve a thin layer of matcha powder on top before serving.