Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 25-30 min
Waiting time: 90-120 min
Portion: 25 cm white bread loaf
-Bread flour: 200 gr
-Water: 120 ml
-Cooking oil: 15 ml
-Sugar: 20 gr
-Instant yeast: 5 gr
-Salt: a pinch (~3 gr)
-Dough mixer or electric egg beater with dough hook
-Loaf pan 25x13x6 cm: 1
- Add 200 gr bread flour with 5 gr instant yeast into mixing bowl, mix well.
In case if you use dry yeast instead of instant yeast, you should activate the yeast with these following steps:
- Warm 150 ml water (in recipe) at 32-38 Celsius by using microwave
- Stir 1-2 gr sugar in warm water
- Add 5 gr dry yeast in warm water and let it sit in 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, if you see the water bubbling then you can use it for making bread. If not, the yeast that you used may not be activated and not be able to make bread
- Mix the bread flour with sugar and salt. Create a hole in the center of mixing bowl
- Pour 120 ml water (or activated yeast water if you use dry yeast) with oil into flour bowl. Mix with wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough by using electric egg beater with dough hooks or mixer at low speed in 3-5 minutes.
If the flour mixture is too dry, you can add 5-10 ml water into mixing bowl. Please note that you should pour little by little to prevent it from being too squashy
- When the ingredient combine and form a dough ball, knead the dough in 3-5 minutes until the dough ball becomes elastic and has a smooth surface.
If the dough too sticky and can not be formed into ball, you should add 5-10 gr flour that prepared and continue to kneel.
- Remove dough ball from mixer and knead by hand in 1-2 minutes
- Brush a thin layer of 2 ml oil in a clean bowl (to prevent the sticky dough), place the dough ball into and cover with cotton towel.
- Proof the dough in 45-60 minutes at room temperature until it double its size
2. Shaping and Baking
- When the dough double its size, punch down the dough with your fist and briefly knead out any air bubbles or gas.
- Roll the dough and seal its edges closely to make a loaf (as video)
The typical shape of white bread is a loaf, however you can shape the bread with whatever shape that you prefer 😀
- Place the bread on non sticking loaf pan, then proof it in another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 175 Celsius degree in 10 minutes.
- Place the loaf pan in oven at bake at 175 Celsius degree in 25-30 minutes or until the bread turn to golden brown.
Tips: Use a spray bottle to periodically squirt the bread, or squirt the inside of the oven with a small amount of water a few times during the baking to create a steamy mist on the inside of the oven that’ll yield a crunchy exterior
- Remove the bread from oven and let it cool at room temperature. Serve within a day or store in closed bag