Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 20-25 min
Waiting time: 30 min
Portion: 20 cookies
-All purpose flour: 90 gr
-Butter: 60 gr
-Sugar: 30 gr
-Almond powder: 15 gr or you can replace by 15 gr all purpose flour
-Egg yolk: 1
-Cocoa powder: 5 gr
1. Cookies/ Biscuit dough
- Use the spatula to mix the butter at room temperature with the sugar.
- Add almond powder and mix
- Then add egg yolk to mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients combine.
- Divide the all purpose flour into 2 part. Sieve and mix each part to the mixing bowl. After 2 turn of sieving flour, we have around 225 gr of biscuit dough.
- Divide the biscuit dough into 2 part (around ~110 gr per each) into 2 seperated mixing bowl
- Add 5 gr of cocoa powder in one bowl and mix until the cocoa powder completely dissolved. Then we have a cocoa biscuit dough.
- Place the butter biscuit dough on a tray or cutting board that lined a plastic wrap
- Slightly kneel the dough and use your finger to shape the dough to a long bar (around 20-25 cm). Wrap the dough bar and left aside
- Repeat the process with cocoa dough. Please note that the size (height and length) of 2 dough bar should be the same
- Put the dough bars into fridge per 20 min (for shaping)
- After 20 min, take out the dough and start biscuit shaping process
- Use a knife the cut the bars (in length) into 2 part. In total we will have 4 part (2 butter part and 2 cocoa part)
- Use a brush to brush egg white on the edge of butter dough, then stick the cocoa dough on it. Do the same with the other parts.
- After that, stick them to each other as the shape and color of checkerboard. Wrap it up with plastic wrap and left in fridge for 20 min.
- Preheat the oven at 170 Celsius degree in 10-15 min.
- Unwrap the dough and use a knife to cut it into small slice (thickness around 0.7-1 cm).
- Place the slices on baking tray that lined the parchment sheet.
- Put the baking tray into oven and bake the dough at 170 Celcius degree in 20-25 min or until we have golden cooked biscuits.
- Take out the tray from oven and avoid moving the biscuits at first minutes (it will break easily). Leave the hot biscuits on tray for 5-10 min then put and chill it completely on rack
- Reserve the biscuits in closed jar or tin box. Best used in 1-2 weeks.