Preparation: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Waiting time: –
Portion: 8 medium size
-All purpose flour: 115 gr
-Granulated sugar: 80 gr
-Unsalted butter: 60 gr
-Milk: 90 ml
-Egg: 1 (weight 63-65 gr/ each shell included)
-Baking powder: 1 tsp (~5 gr)
- Preheat oven at 170 Celsius degree
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Put aside
- In another bowl, whisk soften butter with 80 gr granulated sugar until creamy
- Add egg into butter bowl, mix well
- Divide flour mixture into 3 parts, sieve each part into mixing bowl and mix with ⅓ amount of milk after each times
Please note that you only need to mix the ingredients until they’re all combined, don’t overmix the batter because the cake will be condensed and chewy inside
- Add and mix ½ tsp vanilla extract into cake batter
- Pour the batter into paper cup (only need to pour ¾ of paper cup height because the cake will rise higher when baking)
Or you can bake the batter in loaf pan, but remember to extend the baking time (more 5-10 minutes) to make sure that the loaf cake is completely baked
- Place the baking tray in oven and bake at 170 Celsius degree in 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the tray in oven for 5 minutes after the light turn off, then remove it from oven.
- Take the cupcakes out of baking tray by using a folk, then let them cool on rack
- You can decorate the cupcakes with buttercream with some colorful candies or chocolates. You can find Buttercream recipe here
- Best served within 1-2 days. Reserve the cakes in closed plastic bags.