Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Waiting time: 30 min
Portion: 20-25 biscuits
-Butter: 110 gr at room temperature
-Powdered sugar: 65 gr – can replace with caster sugar
-All purpose flour: 155 gr
-Egg white: 25-30 gr (~ 1 egg white)
-Vanilla extract: ½ tsp (~ 2.5 ml)
-Cocoa powder or granulated sugar
-Dried fruit (cranberry, raisin….)
-Any kind of nuts (peanut, almond,…)
-Round biscuit cutter (optional)
- Add soften butter to mixing bowl, use the spatula to spread the butter
- Add powdered sugar, mix well
- Then add egg white to mixing bowl. Divided flour into 2 parts, sieve each part to mixing bowl. Mix gently every flour part until all ingredient well combined and we’ll have a sticky biscuit dough.
- Line plastic wrap on table or smooth surface. Transfer the biscuit dough on plastic wrap and use the spatula to shape it into long cylinder (20-25 cm). Wrap it up and chill in fridge for 20-30 min.
Please note that you can also use biscuit cutter or piper if you have them already.
- Preheat the oven at 200 Celcius degree in 15 min. While waiting for preheating, take the dough out of fridge and use a knife to cut them into thick round slice (1-1.5 cm per each).
- Put the sliced biscuit dough on baking tray that lined parchment sheet. Please note to place every slice 1.5-2 cm away from others
- Sprinkle sugar or place your favorite dried fruit/ nuts on biscuit dough (optional)
- Place the baking tray to oven at 200 Celcius degree in 5 min. When the biscuit start turning to golden color then decrease the temperature at 170 Celcius degree in 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits well-baked.
- Remove baking tray from oven. Try to avoid moving the hot biscuit (because they are easily to be broken). Let them stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature and cool them on rack.
- Reserve in closed jar or tin box. Best used within 1-2 weeks.